Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Own Way: master of disguise, goonies cast

Digg 1: I wonder: dream dinners, nick carpenter

Digg 2: Special delivery: Snakes, spiders found in parcel

Halloween is coming and I intend to celebrate and enjoy it My Own Way. I remember when it was such a fun night. Trick or Treaters coming to the door in all kinds of costumes, passing out candy treats, and watching the clock for 10pm when I could turn off the lights and relax again.

Its not so simple these days. Treats are highly suspect so you have to be careful what you buy or they could just end up in someone's trash. Costumes have become so pricey and all the kids want a store bought one. I used to make my kids costumes and then I saved them all in our "Holloween Box". The next year the kids would dig in the box and try to become a master of disguise by putting different parts of costumes together. Then they would go out and come home with so much candy that we could have opened a candystand.

Today, however, it is just not safe to send your kids out alone so I hope parents take care. Stay at home and invite some friends in for a small party. Watch a movie like the goonies or spy kids 3 that are not so scary they give nightmares. Let the kids raid your closet and come up with their own costumes. Whatever you do, just be safe and enjoy the fun. I will buy my wrapped candy and hope to see some really cute costumes come to my door. I will probably still be glad to turn off my lights at 10pm but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: