Friday, September 12, 2008

Talk2Me: galveston island,ike radar,galveston cam

Digg 1: COMMON THREAD: nfl scores, nfl fantasy, hello kitty jewlery

Digg 2: Awesome pic of approaching hurricane [PIC]

Talk2Me about why people would stay on galveston island when the headlines in todays news states that they should "flee or die"? There is also talk of the great storm of 1900 where over 6000 died when the hurricane hit. The galveston news is urging all residents to leave. The galveston web cameras are showing the storm. And yet 25% of the residents are choosing to stay. One would only have to step outside to see that the galveston weather is getting worse as the ike storm surge increases. What would make them stay. Do they not believe the predictions or do they just enjoy the excitement? I don't know but I hope we don't see headlines in the galveston news reporting that the galveston seawall failed and that thousands are dead. I think that if I were there I would be listening to the advice given and be leaving well before the storm hits. I am praying that the residents there do just that.

No comments: